Thursday, April 23, 2009

Genitally Speaking

This has been a whirlwind week. I have been up to my faux hawk with trivial tasks, which at the very end has only made me realize how strong of a person I really am.

After my interview with TBWA for an internship position, I was given the task of writing up a mock newsletter for them. Before the actual assignment was given, I thought to myself "how hard could that be?" After recieving the actual newsletter, I knew it was not going to be a walk in the park. Having been an econ major for the last 4 years, and dabbling in graphic design on the side, I HAVE NOT WRITTEN A PAPER IN NEARLY 4 YEARS. The fact that the determing factor for me recieving the internship was a dissertation of the newest trends in marketing only make me want to cough up blood and scream HELLELUJAH. It was a three day process, of screaming into my pillow, not eating due to anxiousness, endless phone calls with my friends asking for suggestions, and sleepless nights, I was finally able to write the best darn newsletter I could offer. It was like my child- I have never felt such connection with a piece of writing i have produced. It was about viral videos and social media, yes I have to agree that there is nothing ground breaking about that issue, but I made it compelling and fucking sexy. I titled it "Its Vital to Viral" because I am so darn cheeky.

In other words, there is a possibility I will not graduate. My host university in Shanghai only gave me 3 units for a 16 week course..... 3 units is not equivalent to a class...... I need 4 to graduate... I will update you on that. What I want to point out is that crying to your counselor is not a good thing to do, because 1. counselors have no remorse, 2. you end up sounding like an idiot because everyone in the waiting room can hear you crying, 3. its not good to cry in general.

Thank you and god bless America and Miss California.

No comments: