Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Miley Cyrus
First and foremost, I do not condone sexual behavior at the ripe age of 17- having nieces own, I would be having a field day if they ever dressed in that manner. With that said, I am boggled over how the media is treating her female on female kiss in a recent performance she did in the UK of her single "Cant Be Tamed." They are calling it CRAZY and overtly sexual- a pure smack on the lips is controversial? Have they seen hannah montana? She locks lips with her male co stars on numerous occasions, and she was at the young age of 16! What are we telling our generation? That girls and boys can lock lips, but same sex individuals cannot do the same? Albeit the over sexed costumes, the fact of the matter is the media is perpetuating a more open minded and liberal philosophy, but we are undermining the make out of a teenage popstar. Shouldnt we be applauding her for destroying archaic stereotypes?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment