Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's been a while

I think that it is very important to constantly update this blog. 20 years from now, when I am pondering about my life as a 22 year old designer for disney, I will have documented proof of my existence.

Much has gone on in my life, I feel like I am getting more acclimated to corporate life. I got a yearly review ( I have only been working here for 4 months) about my performance here. Everything went swell, I am a great multi tasker, I am good to be around, all dandy. On the negative side, I am not professional enough. This was hard to swallow, as one of the youngest full time employees here, It has been difficult for me to get situated to this climate- knowing when I can give my opinion, knowing how to balance being too quiet with making obscene jokes (which makes the whole board room cringe). It has been difficult to say the least. For now, the easiest solution has been keeping my mouth shut, knowing that the instant I try to liked and funny, I will blurt something unintentionally racist or disgusting.

I have always been the outspoken type- that one person that "went there" or took it to the other level, Subtlety is not in my vocabulary. "Go Offensive or Dont Speak at all" is my motto. I wonder if this craziness that I have innately is detrimental to my career, or is it a distinguishing factor. I would like to believe that this is what makes me different from the other millions of 4 year university graduates that are my competition. I never want to lose myself, my core is unconventional, my humor is unconventional, I am unconventional, I do not laugh at the same jokes, I do not have conventional interests. (btw, i need to get some interests). Just a thought.

No comments: