Friday, December 11, 2009

I am writing after a series of events. My life has drastically changed, some for the best, some for the worst. The moment I seem to comprehend one part of my life, some other facet of it changes drastically, leaving me perplexed and without a clue of how I am going to proceed.

In the last few months since I have moved to Pasadena, I have started a full time career as a Graphic Designer for Disney. Without a general background in the arts and with only my passion and drive, I have finally recieved the job I have dreamed of. As soon as that occured, my intiial reaction was to focus on what I lack. The friendships I have lost, the non love life I have endured, and the weakened family bond with my parents. Is it all worth it? Is it worth living day in and day out in a haze of corporate mist? I am so focused on my dream, that I have lost sight of my foundation. While reaching for the top shelf, I have lost balance and fallen off the ladder. Unstable, unsure, still perplexed.

No comments: